Are you working hard on your PhD dissertation and you’ve hit a writer’s block? Or perhaps you really don’t know what to write in the introduction. You are probably aware that writing dissertation introduction is not as easy as you imagined. The truth is that this section is extremely important. In fact, it can make or break your thesis. The good news is that you can easily learn how to write dissertation introduction if you read our quick guide and out list of tips and tricks. However, remember that the introduction is just one of the many parts of your dissertation. There are many more important parts, such as the dissertation conclusion that you need to write. So don’t focus solely on the introduction.
The Main Parts of a Dissertation
You may be able to quickly learn how to write thesis introduction, but you need to understand that you still have a lot of things to learn. A dissertation is an extremely complicated piece of writing. It is composed of many different parts, which should all be correctly linked. Writing thesis introduction becomes a lot easier when you understand how the structure of a dissertation looks like. This is why we would like to show you the basic structure of a PhD dissertation:
- The Introduction – we will be talking about the thesis introduction shortly.
- The Review of Literature section – where you tell the readers about current information about the topic.
- The Methodology chapter – where you list the methods used.
- The Results chapter – where you show the audience the results of your research.
- The Analysis chapter – where you analyze your findings.
- The Discussion chapter – where you discuss your findings and the importance of your analysis
- The Conclusion – where you summarize everything and include your call to action.
- The Future Work chapter – where you tell your readers about what research is still needed.
- The References chapter – where you list all the sources you used in your work.
- The Bibliography and Appendices sections if they are required.
As you can see, there are many more important chapters in addition to the thesis introduction. However, the introduction can earn you serious points.
The Thesis Introduction Importance
Did you ever stop to think why so many students focus so intensely on writing dissertation introduction? The reality is that this section is what your readers see first. It’s this section that must captivate the attention of your audience. Also, the dissertation introduction contains your thesis statement. Speaking of the thesis statement, remember that while it is only one or two sentences long, it is almost as important as the entire introduction chapter. If you look online, you see that the entire introduction should revolve around the thesis statement. This is because your introduction should provide some insight into the topic and also support the thesis of the paper. Because this chapter is so important, writing dissertation introduction is one of the main concerns of students who are working on their PhD dissertation. But this part is not so difficult to write if you know what you’re doing.
How to Write Dissertation Introduction: Quick Guide
Most people will just hire a dissertation writing service to help them with their dissertation introduction. While we do agree that a professional academic writer will do an excellent job, we believe that you can succeed without his or her help. Here are the steps you need to take to write an exceptional dissertation introduction:
- Start the introduction with the thesis statement.
- Provide some background information about the topic.
- Provide some information about your research.
- Provide some information about what you expect your findings to be.
- Finish the introduction with a connecting sentence that makes a smooth transition to the next chapter.
- Read the introduction out loud and edit it as many times as necessary until it sounds perfect.
- Read a few tips and tricks on how to write an even better intro.
Writing Thesis Introduction Tips and Tricks
If you are still wondering “who can write my dissertation introduction,” know that you can success without any kind of help. Yes, you can hire an academic writer to help you, but it is not absolutely necessary in any case. Here are the best tips that will help you write a better intro:
- Always write the introduction last, after you’ve written all the other chapters.
- Make sure the thesis statement is exceptional and interesting.
- Use interesting phrases and use whatever means necessary to pique the interest of the reader.
- Explain clearly the motive of your research.
- Also explain why your research and your findings are relevant.
Of course, there are many more tips you can use. But never forget that you need to include the objective and a short dissertation overview into the introduction. Good luck!