If you are a university student studying law, you would know that it is both, exciting and stressful to work on dissertations because law dissertation topics are not easy to select.
While students can pick a topic that interests them, good thesis topics for law, students would be the ones that offer ample scope for research and study. It is vital to keep in mind that dissertations tend to get lengthy; therefore, your topic should also be a subject you can manage to finish working on within the time you have at hand. Given below are some exciting topics that you can explore for your law school thesis.
Business Law Thesis Topics
Business law, also known as commercial law, focuses on the legal aspects of the conduct, rights, and relations of individuals or organisations that engage in commerce, trade, and merchandising activities. Therefore, commercial law masters thesis topics have a broad scope as they revolve around important and relatable aspects guiding society and trade. Here are some exciting business law topics to write about. Take a look:
- Business laws against corruption within firms — an in-depth evaluation
- Commercial Law and its effectiveness in supporting commercial transactions.
- Copyright Infringement – Understanding the difference between online and offline law enforcement.
- Business partnerships: Threats, legal remedies, and results
- Commercial laws guiding energy projects within the country and a comparison with top countries globally.
- Online advertising – working within the framework and guidelines of Advertising Law
- US commercial laws: A review on what needs to change
- Legal framework guiding unfair advertising and marketing practices – a case study analysis
- Business wills — application, significance, and role in translations of Business law
- Domestic vs International commercial laws of five countries
- Pre-incorporation contracts – a thorough analysis
- International commercial law programs: An assessment of their effectiveness as part of the University curriculum
- Importance of investigating a business’s application for Copyright and Trademark
- Arbitration under commercial law: In-depth analysis and evaluation of policy practice
- Evaluating anti-corruption regulations for businesses through a relevant case study
- Laws governing Corporate Social Responsibility for businesses and their evaluation
- Termination agreements — application, significance, and role in business transactions
- The Law of Contracts — Interpretations and Role in Business Transactions
- Director’s Guarantee – Its role in Business law and the Structure of Transactions
- What is the role of a Business Entity concerning Commercial Law – An analysis
- Contract Laws and an evaluation of the application of Verbal or Nonverbal Agreements
- The role of Commercial Law in establishing a business framework within the society
- The legislature and its role in the interpretation and working of contracts
- Commerical Vs RegularLease – Analysing the pros and cons for the businesses
- Commercial lease – Significance, difficulties, and importance for business owners
International law thesis topics
International law is an important area of interest when it comes to thesis writing. You can focus on studying the legal aspects of economic trade, businesses during the war, global pandemics, and more. Ethics and human rights play a significant role in international matters. Here are some excellent international law research topics to explore:
- Hearings on cases in International Human Rights Court — What precedence says
- Challenges faced by parties involved in contracts related to the International Sale of Goods (CISG) when the Vienna Convention is applied.
- What does the future hold for internet legislation and digital laws
- Are International Tribunals effective in taking action against war crimes?
- An in-depth analysis of various conditions under which international intervention in trade or matters of general affairs of a country is permitted by law
- International criminal laws — an assessment of the underlying principals and need for change
- Human rights law: An international perspective on gaps that need to be addressed
- Violation of Laws and Human Rights when the US got involved in matters of Iraq – An analysis
- Enforcement of international laws in developing countries – Issues, justification and remedies
- Military cooperation between the UK and the US to address terror — A historical perspective and future analysis
- What are the civil liberties in International law and how do they impact public safety
- Post-Brexit era — where does consumer protection stand?
- Laws ensuring the protection of civilians against unlawful communication during armed conflicts between countries
- International laws governing rescue and protection of human rights of refugees at sea
- International civil jurisdiction on transborder disputes related to the infringement of intellectual property rights — a comprehensive study
Criminal law thesis topics
The study of Criminal law comprises understanding the laws that govern the prosecution of individuals who have committed crimes as defined by law. When you select law master thesis topics based on criminal law, you can choose law enforcement topics related to drug dealing, manslaughter, kidnapping and more. Some examples are shared below:
- Female and male rape legislations: An in-depth evaluation of critical differences
- Using lie detectors _ an assessment of their efficacy in criminal justice
- Are manslaughter laws possible to misuse — what are the remedies to protect such victims?
- A detailed analysis of crime-related factors best not presented in the court of law and why?
- Witness protection – laws, guidelines, and measures against retaliation
- Death Penalty – History, justification, and analysis
- Criminal theory – A thematic review to explore the connection between morality and crime
- Challenges in identification of the nature of crime and its distribution — an in-depth analysis based on a case study
- Is anatomy justified in lawsuits related to sexual offences — evaluating the rights of the victim and the defendant
- Legal rights — striking a balance between the rights of the victim and the defendant during the lawsuit
- What are the implications of the war against terror — Enforcement of criminal law and its implications
- A case study analysis of war against terror
- A case study analysis of racial prejudice in prison
- Religious laws and crimes in developing nations
- Police interrogations – Principles, legal framework and human rights
These topics are related to the study of issues and laws concerning children who are in conflict with the law due to committing juvenile crimes.
- Legal protection and rights of children in cases of a child in conflict with the law
- Children in conflict with the law in metro cities and the legal framework guiding the handling of such cases
- Improving the legal protection available for children in conflict with the law
- An in-depth study of the measures available to reintegrate children in conflict with the law into the society
- Laws to facilitate rehabilitation of children in conflict with the law
- Exploitation and abuse of children in conflict with the law and remedies to prevent it
- Procedures in court for children in conflict with the law
- Violence and exploitation leading children into conflict with the law – Case study analysis
- Human rights and laws supporting children affected by illegal migration
- Analysing children’s rights against harmful work and economic exploitation
As a college student, there will be umpteen issues that will spark debates and encourage you to take a stance either for or against. These may include constitutional law paper topics or laws on sensitive matters that have triggered global emotions. Here are some such topics to explore:
- Reviewing the need for the Gun Law
- Abortion – Pro-choice or pro-life the legal angles
- Understanding religious freedom by law and the freedom of choice to deny service based on religion
- Prescription of addictive opioids as legal painkillers — the justification and after effects
- The legal framework guiding animal research
- Vaccine administration from the perspective of legal implications, compliance and non-compliance, herd immunity and parental duty
- Right to privacy – the conflict between individual privacy Vs public safety
- Freemarket capitalisation – government regulations vs free trade
- Environment support policies, government regulations, and economic costs
- Uniform minimum wage system — controversy, legal parameters, and remedies
- White supremacy — a political ideology that affects the legal and economic framework
- Legalising marijuana for medicinal and recreational usage
- Capital punishment and its legal justification
- The Marriage Equality Act – Rights and responsibilities in same-sex marriages
- Black lives matter — an insight into lack of political or legal repercussions for death in custody
- Immigration restrictions and reforms – scope for improvement and change
- The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program and upholding deportation protection
- Temporary blocking of international students during the Corona Virus Pandemic – Legal implications
- Transgender rights — Remedies against discrimination and injustice caused by inequality
- Islamic Criminal law vis a vis Human Rights — an analysis.
Sports law topics
Sport is an ever-intriguing subject, and it offers some interesting legal topics for dissertation writing. Your topic can cover international sports laws, rules and regulations guiding sports, sporting bodies, their jurisdiction and more.
- Cheerleading teams — negligence across different case studies
- Sports law implications on cases of doping in international events
- Legal aspects of international sporting events and the role of social media
- The transnational perspective of sports management – an overview
- Bosman Rulings – The EU Sports law and its international implications
- The management of club sports in the UK and related laws
- Match-fixing in football and sports laws governing the same
- Match-fixing in cricket and international sports laws governing the same
- Sportspersons marketing – Reviewing legal issues and influences
- Sports promotion aids in the UK, US, and EU — legal implications
- Legal aspects related to governance and monitoring of sports organisations
- Sports laws on lifestyle sports – a review
- National governing bodies of sports and their legal stance
- The role and impact of labour contracts concerning UK sporting bodies
- Policies and practices of the US sports law
- Visa System for international sportspersons and problems faced by them
- Constitutional rights of student-athletes
- Sexual harassment in sports and laws against it
- Policies aiding promotion and protection of rights of transgender athletes
- Coaches contract and employment laws
Hot thesis topics in employment law
Employment law offers some very interesting law topics to work on. Under this, you can write your dissertation on labour laws, worker compensation, immigration laws, minimum wages, wrongful termination and many such research topics in law.
- How employment laws convergence with religion in the US
- UK employment laws — A before and after comparison after exiting the EU
- UK Trade Unions and their impact — challenges and successes
- A review of unfair dismissal laws in the UK
- Employment laws in the UK and US automobile industry — A comparative study
- Employment contracts in the UK manufacturing industry — A comprehensive study of job satisfaction
- Issues with application and enforcement of laws in international firms: A case study
- Agency workers — employment rights and legal status in firms
- US ‘Fire at will’ employment ability and should it be made possible in the UK.
- Social work employment — Reviewing all legal aspects through a case study
- Employee dismissal — a comparison of UK and EU laws.
- Working parents and the benefits of Flexibility Working Regulations 2002
- Gender differences in employment laws and regulations across the US and the UK.
- Analysing the efficacy of sexual harassment laws in the workplace
- Employee mobility across EU countries — a legal overview.
- Employment laws concerning the disabled in the UK — policies and practices
- Equality Act 2010 and the rights of disabled
- A comprehensive study of the right to fair labour practices in the UK
- Unfair Vs Wrongful — what offers greater protection under employment laws
- Zero hour contracts — significance and ways to improve
Medical law and ethics thesis topics
Medical law focuses on the rights and responsibilities of patients and medical professionals. Some exciting areas of medical law that you can focus on include patient confidentiality, patient consent, negligence, professional malpractice, failure in diagnosing, treatment malpractices leading to injury or death, and patient defamation among other topics.
- Laws governing organ retention — pros and cons
- Organ transplantation — A comprehensive study of governing laws in the US.
- Abortion — A comprehensive study of governing laws and stages when abortion is allowed or forbidden in the UK.
- Do judges handling medical disputes need special education to ensure fact-based judgments?
- Forced sterilisation — laws, implementation and who is to be targeted?
- Laws governing medical research — a comprehensive study
- Disputes arising due to medical complications during surgeries — legal implications
- Unregistered medical intervention — Legal implications in the US
- Electronic fetal monitoring and concerning laws.
- Medical ethics in practice concerning medical law
- Assisted suicide — the legal, ethical, and medical perspectives
- Lawsuits and their effect on the commitment and dedication of medical practitioners
- Biobanks — The associated legal and ethical challenges
- Is it possible for medical practitioners to treat the mental disorder without bias?
- Laws against animal cruelty during medical research — a case study
Family law thesis topics
Besides marriage, divorce, custody, compensation, and alimony, you can cover several other interesting aspects of family law in your dissertation. Given below are some examples of topics you can explore:
- UK Family law — Changes over the past five decades.
- Human rights in countries following religious family laws
- Family lawsuits and how they are impacted by culture
- Domestic violence and its effects on men Vs women
- Deciding custody in divorce cases and the importance of the child’s desire in influencing the court’s decision
- Divorce law and how it has impacted the number of divorces
- Child neglect and its legal implications in the US
- Child justice Vs family justice: Evaluating the compatibility
- What are the factors that prevent couples from seeking a divorce?
- US family law — is it due for reforms?
- Family law and its provisions when a divorced parent wishes to move abroad with the child
- Cohabitation Law in the US and is it due for reforms
- Divorce laws — are they gender-biased or is it only a perception
- Custody rights when the child has learning disabilities — a comprehensive overview
- Do Islamic traditions impact family laws of UK based Muslims
- UK family laws governing financial decisions in cases of dementia and forced separation
- Rights of children to having a family life in non-marital families
- Family laws governing marriage and divorce in transgender people — a comparison of US and UK
- Legal implications of non-consensual adoption in the US
- The role of grandparents in the social fabric and provisions in the Family law
The topics mentioned above are great examples of what you can write on. However, if you are still confused, are running against time, have too much on your platter or are simply unsure how to proceed to feel free to take law thesis help from some of the best-rated writers we have on board.
Feel free to ask for a sample from the professional you shortlist, and we will be happy to assist you all the way. Get in touch with us online or call us for help with research paper. We have a team of experienced writers who offer high quality, original work done to perfection. Our services are available at cheap and affordable rates as we are aware that we are assisting college students. So go ahead and connect with us for quality assistance to get you good grades and stress-free time to focus on your academic commitments.