When pursuing business programs in colleges and universities, students are required to write papers or do my thesis on business research topics. The major challenge for most students is choosing topics for their papers. A vast majority of them are stuck in this step because they fear choosing a topic that is not interesting or too broad and end up with poor grades.
Nevertheless, many inspirations in the contemporary can guide you when choosing business topics for a research paper. Whether you are pursuing a bachelor’s degree or preparing for your Ph.D. defense, there are many topics that you can write about. You just need to choose a topic that you will be interested in researching and writing a paper about.
How to Find Business Research Topics
There are many factors to consider when choosing a topic for a research paper about business. They include the following:
- Whether your professor provides the topic scope and if you are permitted to change it.
- Whether you have been given a thematic area within which to choose a topic.
- Whether you have specialized in a specific subject.
- If you have the total freedom to choose your topic
If you have complete freedom to choose your topic, start with a little research. For instance, you can read news websites, analyze successful companies and corporations, or track problems that other people write about. If you still don’t find a topic after doing this, consider the examples of business research topics provided here.
Best Business Research Paper Topics
Your choice of the best topic for your business paper should depend on the field you are interested in. Additionally, your topic should be engaging and related to your study program. It should also enable you to conduct extensive research and come up with facts to back up your argument. What’s more, the best business topics for research papers grab the readers’ attention.
This explains why many students get nervous or struggle when required to choose topics for their business papers. Nevertheless, students cover many topics and subjects during their studies. What you learn in class can, therefore, be your inspiration when choosing topics for business research papers. But, if you find it hard to come up with a topic for your research paper, the internet has many samples that you can consider.
Examples Of Business-Related Research Topics
Though there are many sample topics to consider when writing a business research paper, your choice should depend on your study level, the field of interest, and assignment requirements. Here are different categories of business research topics for college students and their examples.
Business Ethics Research Paper Topics
Business ethics is a study field that gives students the freedom to choose from different topics. For instance, a student can choose a topic in this field around duties, morality, integrity, and business behavior. The increasing business ethics issues widen the range of the topics students can choose from in this category. What’s more, business ethics cover ethical conflicts between individuals and groups of employers, employees, customers, and the surrounding. Here are examples of topics for research papers in this category.
- Effects of Moral Principles on Business Decisions
- Causes of Unethical Conducts in Workplaces
- Should Businesses Be Honest with their Customers All the Time?
- The Psychology and History of Business Ethics
- Examples of Moral Judgment that Doesn’t Work in Business
- How Ethical Mistakes can Lead to Business Bankruptcy
- Are Business Ethics the Same for the Manager and the Personnel?
- How to Avoid Sexual Harassment at the Workplace
- Why is an Ethical Code Important for Companies?
- Taking Responsibility for the Corporate Ethics of a Company
The fact that people engage in different businesses creates a chance to research common topics like workplace honesty and general topics like environmental protection.
Business Management Research Topics
When writing a business management research paper, it’s important to come up with a researchable and interesting question. This can be a challenging task because there are many facets and resources in the business management field. Nevertheless, it’s still possible to find a focused, narrow question that forms the topic of a research paper. Here are examples of topics for business management research papers.
- Conflict Management in a Work Team
- The Role of Women in Business Management
- Issues that Affect Management of Business Startups
- Consequences of Excessive Work in Business
- Why You Should Start a New Business After One Fails
- Importance of Inter-organizational Leadership and Networks
- How to Manage Organizational Crisis in Business
- Product and Service Development in a Strategic Alliance
- Innovation and Network Markets as a Business Strategy
- Social Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
Business management research paper topics should not be too narrow or too broad. Nevertheless, there are many topics on enterprise, trade, commerce, and other subjects that you can explore because they all require extensive research.
Business Law Topics For Research Paper
A business law topic is not easy to find. That’s because your topic should attract the attention of your reader and relate to the broad field of business law. As such, you should narrow down your topic to something more focused. Here are examples of topics for business law papers.
- How Do You Define Authority Before You Start Business Negotiations?
- Insider Trading- What Does it Mean in the Contemporary World?
- Are Alcohol Consumption and Sale Laws Beneficial to the Public’s Wellbeing?
- Should Some Corporate Crimes Warrant Death Penalty?
- Can State Officials Succeed when Dismissed for their Implication in Corruption Cases?
- How Marijuana-Based Businesses Interact with the Federal and State Law
- What Should a Business Do to Ensure that Its Former Employees Do Not Join Its Rival Firm?
- Should Author Protection for Written Work Be Done with Nom de Plumes or Legal Names?
- How can Non-Disclosure Agreements save a Company from Disgruntled former Employees?
- How is Copyright Law Favorable to an Artist or a Singer when the Recording Company represents it?
Though there are many business law research topics, it’s important to choose a topic that you are personally interested in to make writing your paper an interesting task.
International Business Research Paper
International topics allow students to explore global business subjects. These topics can be more complex though lucrative. It’s not surprising that this category comprises mostly of business research topics for MBA students. Here are examples of international topics for research papers.
- Is Social Media Presence Important for Companies Around the World?
- How Does War between Countries Affect Businesses?
- Examples of Companies that Have Failed in the International Markets and Why
How Do You Spot a Small Business that is Likely to Become a Successful Multi-National?
- What Languages are Likely to Be International Business Languages in the Future?
- Should international companies be forced to supply healthcare services to full-time employees?
- Should maternity leave in international business be increased?
- Should recruiters be allowed to ask questions about an applicant’s personal life?
- Should we attempt for an equal representation of male and feminine leaders within the workplace?
- Should social media sites be blocked at work?
- Casual dress codes and the corporate world.
- International businesses and their influence on national businesses.
International topics for research papers should be current. They can’t be too general or too narrow. If your topic is too general or too narrow, you will be writing a paper that won’t delve deep or say much. This won’t earn you the grade you desire.
Business Administration Topics
Topics on business administration give students a chance to explore something innovative. However, choosing a topic in this category can frustrating because there are many options available. Here are examples of business administration topics.
- How Advertisement Affects Consumer Behavior
- How Wages Affect Employees’ Productivity
- How Staff Motivation Affects Productivity
- How to Measure Employee Retention Rate
- Customer follow-up techniques as after-sales methods.
- Why business will harden you
- Emotional intelligence
- Equal opportunities for both sexes
- Good governance ethics and social responsibility.
- The way to cope with a breach of contract.
- The various external factors affecting employee retention.
When writing a business administration research paper, it’s important to choose an effective topic that you can research and present properly. It’s also important to consider the field you are interested in and the goal of writing your paper. An ideal business administration topic is one that you are interested to learn more about.
Argumentative Business Topics
Argumentative business papers use the existing, published materials and literature. So, when choosing business research proposal topics in this category, students should explore the existing information first. This will enable them to use the existing data when presenting their understanding of the topics argumentatively. The major challenge is to choose a topic that relates to your field of business study. Here are examples of argumentative business topics.
- Acquisition vs. merger- Which one is better?
- Businesses that Focus on Market Vs. Businesses that Focus on Products
- Is Offering Better Value to New Employees a Wise Move?
- Can Business Develop Leadership through Practice and Learning?
- Is it Wise for a Company to Exploit Labor in Maximizing Profits?
- Investing in Digital Marketing and Social Media Campaigns- Does it Capture the Audience Attention?
- Monetary Incentives Versus Personal Acknowledgement and Fringe Benefits
- Is having a crypto investment risk for businesses?
- Is there a bias against the workplace?
- Is it possible to work while stressed?
- Why are there corporate loans and special grants for females’ start-ups?
Before you decide to write a paper on an argumentative business topic, it’s important to establish your position. Make sure that you have evidence or you can find facts to support your position. Your idea should be put on a pedestal when making your argument.
Business Communication Topics For Presentation
Business communication is solely the act of sharing and distributing information between people within and outdoors a corporation and how the staff and management communicate to assist out organizational problems. The best researchable business communication topics for presentation include:
- Social media usage
- Non-verbal communication
- Giving proper feedback
- Communicating decisions during an issue or crisis
- Business and email etiquettes and manners
- Usage of company blogs
- Role of influencers for building a brand
- Impact of social media for workers
- Differences between qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Secrets of advertising and marketing
Business Persuasive and Informative Speech Topics
You would have to note that these are two different things; informative speeches support educating and training. In persuasive speeches, you’re imploring that they participate in something or buy something. Some business persuasive and informative speech topics include:
- Ergonomics in the workspace
- Standards in creative and financial accounting
- Understanding business copyright protection
- What are the categories of insurance?
- How to develop healthy work skills
- How safety programs and dealing conditions relate to productivity
- Conflict Management Strategies
- How to create a comprehensive and viable business plan
- Opportunities of internet advertising.
- Internal control of resources.
- What is a career break?
- What impact do oil price fluctuations have on businesses?
- Ways to draw in customer attention.
- Time management
- New fathers’ paternity leave.
Business Debate Topics
Debate may be a valuable way of communicating and also persuading people. Interesting business debate topics for you include:
- Can companies be trusted?
- Are our casual dress codes beneficial for the company?
- Employee drug test: yes, or no?
- Should dating within the workplace be allowed?
- Should companies spy on employees on social media?
- Companies should be forced to produce health care for full-time employees.
- Are employees that employment from home productive?
- Does job satisfaction help in productivity?
- Men should stay longer off for paternity leave.
- Non-financial incentives and financial incentives – which is better?
- How to put in place strict work policies.
Qualitative Research Titles About Business For Your Dissertation
Qualitative business research has to do with the creative and investigative analysis of intangible and inexact data. Here are some qualitative research titles about business for your dissertation.
- Handling backlash during a project program
- Ways to relieve pressure for strict work deadlines
- Time management essence in goal setting
- Managers should be flexible in their decisions.
- How to manage an organizational crisis in business and work
- What is a product development and how to do it the right way?
- Major types of business insurance
- Ways to enhance short and long run career plans
- Networking for a successful manager
- Harassment within the workplace.
- Telemarketing ideas for tiny companies.
MBA Research Paper Topics
MBA is a prestigious postgraduate qualification outlining key business practices and is valued by top employers. Great MBA research paper topics include:
- Gender representation in advertising
- Impact of workplace diversity on company culture
- Result of emotional branding on customer loyalty
- Steps to run a successful retail business.
- Molestation should be taken more seriously within the workplace.
- Should business strikers be fired?
- Strong unions are necessary for the economic process.
- How do team-building events foster unity in the workplace?
- To be a business owner, you need to learn to be organized.
- Top ten strategic e-marketing issues.
- Business and politics: should they be mixed?
Entrepreneurial Research Topics
This develops methods and tools for founders, which are given to start-up companies. To go in-depth, here are some entrepreneurial research topics:
- Entrepreneurship skills acquisition and product innovation
- Determining the impact of technological advancement on entrepreneurship in a company
- Determinants of entrepreneurial innovation in an organization
- Role of entrepreneurship in solving unemployment
- To be a good business owner, you must learn to be well-organized
- A way to promote the business without a marketing budget?
- The right technique to write effective business letters
- Important business ethics for running a startup
- Negotiation techniques every manager must-have.
- Recruitment and staffing decisions are crucial to the success of any business.
- How performance-related pay can enhance motivation in the workplace.
Business Intelligence Topics
Business intelligence ensures business owners and employees are at the top of their game at all times. Business intelligence topics worthy of consideration include:
- Role of human resources in company development
- Impact of organizational culture on employee performance
- Evaluating the impact of strategy and leadership for organizational development
- Factors influencing employee motivation.
- SMEs and their risk management approach.
- Ageism within the workplace
- Impact of advertisement strategy on consumer behavior.
- Data analysis implementation for business intelligence
- Knowledge management for organizational knowledge generation
- Research on knowledge extraction using data processing for business operations
- How poor leadership can bankrupt a business.
The Most Asked Business Research Paper Questions
A great business research paper requires a relevant subject and one that may distinguish it from other papers. Frequently asked business research paper questions include:
- Repackaging a product: is it possible to avoid copyright infringement?
- Is it possible for a father to require paternity leave at work?
- What are the best methods of identifying bankruptcy and fraud?
- Can discrimination affect the work environment?
- Should companies provide penalties for smoking employers?
- How does piracy influence the gaming business?
- Is there anything like the law of molestation at the workplace?
- What causes favoritism in the workplace?
- 15 Ways to start an e-business successfully
- How is the worldwide pandemic changing international business strategies concerning different sectors?
- What are the best training and development tactics in the office?
Where to Get Help With Business Research Topics?
Topics for business papers fall into different categories. The choice of your topic should reflect your subject area or study field. But, above all, your topic should capture the readers’ attention from the moment they come across it. It should also be straightforward, original, and specific. That means you should understand your study field well to select a good topic. Therefore, conduct some research before you choose a topic for your business thesis or research paper. Besides, providing good topics for you, we can also help you with your business research paper topics.