When pursuing business programs in colleges and universities, students are required to write papers on business research topics. The major challenge for most students is choosing topics for their papers. A vast majority of them are stuck in this step because they fear to choose a topic that is not interesting or too broad and end up with poor grades.
Nevertheless, many inspirations in the contemporary can guide you when choosing business topics for research paper. Whether you are pursuing a bachelor’s degree or preparing for your Ph.D. defense, there are many topics that you can write about. You just need to choose a topic that you will be interested in researching and writing a paper about.
How to Find Business Research Topics
There are many factors to consider when choosing a topic for research paper about business. They include the following:
- Whether your professor provides the topic scope and if you are permitted to change it.
- Whether you have been given a thematic area within which to choose a topic.
- Whether you have specialized in a specific subject.
- If you have the total freedom to choose your topic
If you have complete freedom to choose your topic, start with a little research. For instance, you can read news websites, analyze successful companies and corporations, or track problems that other people write about. If you still don’t find a topic after doing this, consider the examples of business research topics provided here.
Best Business Research Paper Topics
Your choice of the best topic for your business paper should depend on the field you are interested in. Additionally, your topic should be engaging and related to your study program. It should also enable you to conduct extensive research and come up with facts to back up your argument. What’s more, the best business topics for research papers grab the readers’ attention.
This explains why many students get nervous or struggle when required to choose topics for their business papers. Nevertheless, students cover many topics and subjects during their studies. What you learn in class can, therefore, be your inspiration when choosing topics for business research papers. But, if you find it hard to come up with a topic for your research paper, the internet has many samples that you can consider.
Examples Of Business-Related Research Topics
Though there are many sample topics to consider when writing a business research paper, your choice should depend on your study level, the field of interest, and assignment requirements. Here are different categories of business research topics for college students and their examples.
Business Ethics Research Paper Topics
Business ethics is a study field that gives students the freedom to choose from different topics. For instance, a student can choose a topic in this field around duties, morality, integrity, and business behavior. The increasing business ethics issues widen the range of the topics students can choose from in this category. What’s more, business ethics cover ethical conflicts between individuals and groups of employers, employees, customers, and the surrounding. Here are examples of topics for research papers in this category.
- Effects of Moral Principles on Business Decisions
- Causes of Unethical Conducts in Workplaces
- Should Businesses Be Honest with their Customers All the Time?
- The Psychology and History of Business Ethics
- Examples of Moral Judgment that Doesn’t Work in Business
- How Ethical Mistakes can Lead to Business Bankruptcy
- Are Business Ethics the Same for the Manager and the Personnel?
- How to Avoid Sexual Harassment at the Workplace
- Why is an Ethical Code Important for Companies?
- Taking Responsibility for the Corporate Ethics of a Company
The fact that people engage in different businesses creates a chance to research on common topics like workplace honesty and general topics like environmental protection.
Business Management Research Topics
When writing a business management research paper, it’s important to come up with a researchable and interesting question. This can be a challenging task because there are many facets and resources in the business management field. Nevertheless, it’s still possible to find a focused, narrow question that forms the topic of a research paper. Here are examples of topics for business management research papers.
- Conflict Management in a Work Team
- The Role of Women in Business Management
- Issues that Affect Management of Business Startups
- Consequences of Excessive Work in Business
- Why You Should Start a New Business After One Fails
- Importance of Inter-organizational Leadership and Networks
- How to Manage Organizational Crisis in Business
- Product and Service Development in a Strategic Alliance
- Innovation and Network Markets as a Business Strategy
- Social Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
Business management research paper topics should not be too narrow or too broad. Nevertheless, there are many topics on enterprise, trade, commerce and other subjects that you can explore because they all require extensive research.
Business Law Topics for Research Paper
A business law topic is not easy to find. That’s because your topic should attract the attention of your reader and relate to the broad field of business law. As such, you should narrow down your topic to something more focused. Here are examples of topics for business law papers.
- How Do You Define Authority Before You Start Business Negotiations?
- Insider Trading- What Does it Mean in the Contemporary World?
- Are Alcohol Consumption and Sale Laws Beneficial to the Public’s Wellbeing?
- Should Some Corporate Crimes Warrant Death Penalty?
- Can State Officials Succeed when Dismissed for their Implication in Corruption Cases?
- How Marijuana-Based Businesses Interact with the Federal and State Law
- What Should a Business Do to Ensure that Its Former Employees Do Not Join Its Rival Firm?
- Should Author Protection for Written Work Be Done with Nom de Plumes or Legal Names?
- How can Non-Disclosure Agreements save a Company from Disgruntled former Employees?
- How is Copyright Law Favorable to an Artist or a Singer when the Recording Company represents it?
Though there are many business law research topics, it’s important to choose a topic that you are personally interested in to make writing your paper an interesting task.
International Business Research Paper
International topics allow students to explore global business subjects. These topics can be more complex though lucrative. It’s not surprising that this category comprises mostly of business research topics for MBA students. Here are examples of international topics for research papers.
- Is Social Media Presence Important for Companies Around the World?
- How Does War between Countries Affect Businesses?
Examples of Companies that Have Failed in the International Markets and Why
How Do You Spot a Small Business that is Likely to Become a Successful Multi-National?
- What Languages are Likely to Be International Business Languages in the Future?
International topics for research papers should be current. They can’t be too general or too narrow. If your topic is too general or too narrow, you will be writing a paper that won’t delve deep or say much. This won’t earn you the grade you desire.
Business Administration Topics
Topics on business administration give students a chance to explore something innovative. However, choosing a topic in this category can frustrating because there are many options available. Here are examples of business administration topics.
- How Advertisement Affects Consumer Behavior
- How Wages Affect Employees’ Productivity
- How Staff Motivation Affects Productivity
- How to Measure Employee Retention Rate
When writing a business administration research paper, it’s important to choose an effective topic that you can research and present properly. It’s also important to consider the field you are interested in and the goal of writing your paper. An ideal business administration topic is one that you are interested to learn more about.
Argumentative Business Topics
Argumentative business papers use the existing, published materials and literature. So, when choosing business research proposal topics in this category, students should explore the existing information first. This will enable them to use the existing data when presenting their understanding of the topics argumentatively. The major challenge is to choose a topic that relates to your field of business study. Here are examples of argumentative business topics.
- Acquisition vs. merger- Which one is better?
- Businesses that Focus on Market Vs. Businesses that Focus on Products
- Is Offering Better Value to New Employees a Wise Move?
- Can Business Develop Leadership through Practice and Learning?
- Is it Wise for a Company to Exploit Labor in Maximizing Profits?
- Investing in Digital Marketing and Social Media Campaigns- Does it Capture the Audience Attention?
- Monetary Incentives Versus Personal Acknowledgement and Fringe Benefits
Before you decide to write a paper on an argumentative business topic, it’s important to establish your position. Make sure that you have evidence or you can find facts to support your position. Your idea should be put on a pedestal when making your argument.
The Bottom Line
Topics for business papers fall into different categories. The choice of your topic should reflect your subject area or study field. But, above all, your topic should capture the readers’ attention from the moment they come across it. It should also be straightforward, original, and specific. That means you should understand your study field well to select a good topic. Therefore, conduct some research before you choose a topic for your business thesis or research paper.