Getting engineering topics for research or presentation is not an easy task. The reason is that the field of engineering is vast. Engineers seek to use scientific principles in the design and building of machines, structures, bridges, tunnels, etc.
Engineering as a discipline has a broad range of specialized fields such as chemical engineering, civil engineering, biomedical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, and lots more! In all, engineering seeks to apply mathematics or science to solving problems.
110 Engineering Topic Ideas in Different Areas
We understand how difficult and tiring it could be to get engineering research topics; hence this article contains a total of 110 interesting engineering topics covering all aspects of engineering. Ready to explore? Let’s begin right away!
Genetic Engineering Topics
Genetic engineering is the direct manipulation of the gene of an organism using biotechnology. Many controversies are surrounding this engineering field because of the fantastic potential feats it could achieve. Here are some genetic engineering topics that encompass essential areas of this field.
- Can the human personality be altered through genetic engineering?
- Genetic engineering: hope for children with intellectual disabilities?
- Genetic engineering: the problems and perspectives.
- Genetic engineering and the possibility of human cloning.
- Genetic Engineering
- The side effects of altering human personality
- Immortalizing humans through genetic engineering
- Addressing human deficiencies through genetic engineering
Mechanical Engineering Research Topics
Mechanical engineering deals with the design and manufacture of physical or automated systems. These systems include power and energy systems, engines, compressors, kinematic chains, robotics, etc. Here are some impressive mechanical engineering topics that double as mechanical engineering thesis topics too.
- A study of the compressed air technology used in cars.
- The design of a motorized automatic wheelchair that can serve as a bed.
- The why and how of designing stronger and lighter automobiles.
- The design of an electronic-assisted hydraulic braking system.
- Basics of Electronics Engineering
- AC and DC motors and operations
- Design and implementation of wind energy
- Power lines and electricity distribution
- Electromagnetic field and its applications
- Generators and electric motors
Electrical Engineering Research Topics
Electrical engineering is a trendy and well-sought field that deals with the design and manufacture of different electrical and electronic systems. Electrical engineering encompasses power and electronics. The basic principle of digital technology and electricity are all given birth to in this field. From your lighting to computers and phones, everything runs based on electricity. Although finding topics in electrical engineering could be difficult, we have carefully selected four electrical engineering topics to give you a great head start in your research! or write research paper for me
- A study on how temperature affects photovoltaic energy conversion.
- The impact of solar charging stations on the power system.
- Direct current power transmission and multiphase power transmission
- Analysis of the power quality of the micro grid-connected power grid.
- Solar power and inverters
- Alternator and electric magnetic induction
- AC to DC converters
- Operational amplifiers and their circuits.
Software Engineering Research Topics
Software engineering deals with the application of engineering approaches systematically to develop software. This discipline overlaps with computer science and management science and is also a part of overall systems engineering. Here are some software engineering topics for your research!
- The borderline between hardware and software in cloud computing.
- Essential computer languages of the future.
- Latest tendencies in augmented reality and virtual reality.
- How algorithms improve test automation.
- Essentials for designing a functional software
- Software designing and cyber security
- 5 computer languages that will stand the test of time.
- Getting software design right
- Effects of malware on software operation.
Computer Engineering Research Topics
Computer engineering integrates essential knowledge from the subfields of computer science, software engineering, and electronic engineering to develop computer hardware and software. Computer engineering applies various concepts to build complex structural models. Besides, we have completed researches in the information technology field and prepare great it thesis topics for you. Here are some computer engineering topics to help you with your research.
- Biotechnology, medicine, and computer engineering.
- Programs for computer-aided design (cad) of drug models.
- More effective coding and information protection for multinational companies.
- Why we will need greater ram in modern-day computers.
- Analysis and computer-aided structure design
- Pre-stressed concrete structures and variations
- General computer analysis of structures
- Machine foundation and structural design
- Storage and industrial structures.
Biomedical Engineering Research Topics
Biomedical engineering applies principles and design concepts from engineering to medicine and biology for diagnostic or therapeutic healthcare purposes. Here are some suggested biomedical engineering topics to carry out research on!
- A study on how robots are changing health care.
- Can human organs be replaced with implantable biomedical devices?
- The advancement of brain implants.
- The advancement of cell and tissue engineering for organ replacement.
- Is planting human organs in machines safe?
- Is it possible to plant biomedical devices insensitive to human organs?
- How can biomedicine enhance the functioning of the human brain?
- The pros and cons of organ replacement.
Civil Engineering Topics
Civil engineering deals with the construction, design, and implementation of these designs into the physical space. It is also responsible for the preservation and maintenance of these constructions. Civil engineering spans projects like roads, buildings, bridges, airports, and sewage construction. Here are some civil engineering topics for your research!
- Designing buildings and structures that withstand the impact of seismic waves.
- Active noise control for buildings in very noisy places.
- The intricacies of designing a blast-resistant building.
- A compatible study of the effect of replacing cement with silica fume and fly ash.
- Comparative study on fiber-reinforced concrete and other methods of concrete reinforcement.
- Advanced construction techniques
- Concrete repair and Structural Strengthening
- Advanced earthquake resistant techniques
- Hazardous waste management
- Carbon fiber use in construction
- Structural dynamics and seismic site characterization
- Urban construction and design techniques
Chemical Engineering Research Topics
Chemical engineering transverses the operation and study of chemical compounds and their production. It also deals with the economic methods involved in converting raw chemicals to usable finished compounds. Chemical engineering applies subjects from various fields such as physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics. It utilizes technology to carry out large-scale chemical processes. Here are some chemical engineering topics for you!
- Capable wastewater treatment processes and technology.
- Enhanced oil recovery with the aid of microorganisms.
- Designing nanoparticle drug delivery systems for cancer chemotherapy.
- Efficient extraction of hydrogen from the biomass.
- Separation processes and thermodynamics
- Heat, mass, and temperature
- Industrial chemistry
- Water splitting for hydrogen production
- Mining and minerals
- Hydrocarbon processes and compounds
- Microfluidics and Nanofluidics.
Controversial Engineering Topics
Not everyone agrees on the same thing. Here are some engineering ethics topics and controversial engineering topics you can explore.
- Are organic foods better than genetically modified foods?
- Should genetically modified foods be used to solve hunger crises?
- Self-driving cars: pros and cons.
- Is mechanical reproduction ethical?
- If robots and computers take over tasks, what will humans do?
- Are electric cars really worth it?
- Should human genetics be altered?
- Will artificial intelligence replace humans in reality?
Aerospace Engineering Topics
Aerospace engineering deals with the design, formation, and maintenance of aircraft, spacecraft, etc. It studies flight safety, fuel consumption, etc. Here are some aerospace engineering topics for you.
- How the design of planes can help them weather the storms more efficiently.
- Current techniques on flight plan optimization.
- Methods of optimizing commercial aircraft trajectory
- Application of artificial intelligence to capacity-demand.
- Desalination of water
- Designing safe planes
- Mapping a new airline route
- Understanding the structural design of planes.
Industrial Engineering Topics
Petroleum engineering encompasses everything hydrocarbon. It is the engineering field related to the activities, methods, processes, and adoptions taken to manufacture hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbon examples include natural gas and crude oil which can be processed to more refined forms to give new petrochemical products.
- The effect of 3d printing on manufacturing processes.
- How to make designs that fit resources and budget constraints.
- The simulation and practice of emergency evacuation.
- Workers ergonomics in industrial design.
- Heat transfer process and material science
- Drilling engineering and well formation
- Material and energy flow computing
- Well log analysis and testing
- Natural gas research and industrial management
Environmental Engineering Topics for Research
Manufacturing engineering is integral for the creation of materials and various tools. It has to do with the design, implementation, construction, and development of all the processes involved in product and material manufacture. Some useful production engineering topics are:
- Harnessing freshwater as a source of energy
- The design and development of carbon index measurement systems.
- Process improvement techniques for the identification and removal of waste in industries.
- An extensive study of biomedical waste management.
- Optimization of transportation cost in raw material management
- Improvement of facility layout using systematic planning
- Facilities planning and design
- Functional analysis and material modeling
- Product design and marketing
- Principles of metal formation and design.
So here we are! 110 engineering research paper topics in all major fields of engineering! Choose the ones you like best and feel free to contact our thesis writers for help. It’s time to save humanity!