What is an entertaining speech? An entertaining speech revolves around a simple joke to a funny story with a life lesson at the end. It can even be a dramatization of an anecdote or a scary story. Entertaining speeches are delivered to flutter an audience’s feelings and show them the lighter side of life.
All these different approaches to an entertaining speech have one thing in common: it’s topic. We have compiled this comprehensive list of entertainment speech ideas to help you in finding your next funny entertainment speech topics. Try one of the topics below to engage, impress and inspire if you are looking for entertainment topics to write about or entertainment speech topics in high school.
Informative Entertaining Speech Topics
This is a type when there is new or interesting information is to be delivered. This information could be a lesson, dataset, facts, or an introduction to an original idea.
- Should we call graffiti art?
- Commonalities between family violence and our foreign policy
- How nerds respond to status updates of teachers
- How to pretend to be interested in dad stories
- If Santa Claus had a Facebook account
- Prayers I have heard on exam days
- The display picture I love the most
- Scientists are working on pills to combat stupidity
- Life after a young social media influencer turns 55
- What will we call the next generation of microwave ovens?
- Ways to win a wrestling match with a gorilla
- The superpower I need the most
- The most bizarre thing I saw at a recent funeral
- Why is it sexy to ride a bike?
- What not to say to a Bouncer (Doorman) at a club
- How to divert ants from a straight path?
- Rubbish ideas to deal with industrial rubbish
- Videos I don’t know why I watched and remembered
- Chapters titles I will have in my biography
- Ten reasons I should become a sex therapist
- Ideas to keep you busy in queues
- Questions I really want to ask my fitness instructor
- How to use ‘shut up’ effectively?
- Ten things my mobile hates me for
- Times I tried to become a poet
Motivating Entertainment Speech Topics List
These speeches are made when you are trying to convince or influence the audience to bring change. This change could be a shift in thinking or persuading them to take action.
- Immediate changes I will make as the head of NASA
- My plans to transform the high school cafeteria
- Achievements I want to brag about when I am 60 years old
- Reasons my friends are geniuses
- Fighting climate change with my bathroom habits
- The best approach to make online classes entertaining
- Sports versus online gaming – go for healthy activity
- Choose free weekend travel: Ibiza, Vatican or New York
- Together we fall, divided we stand
- Cigarettes kill you Vs. take alcohol responsibly
- My plans to invent my own Keto diet plan
- The day I graduate, I will…
- Times to run like an Olympian
- Dieting and my love of hotdogs
- Creative excuses I have heard for missing a class assignment
- If I was a pet animal
- My attempts at being awesome at math
- How many lies do I tell in a day?
- Things I’ll never do after winning the grand lottery
- Making the most of a breakup
- Ordering a waiter like an expert in a foreign land
- 10 working ways to beat stress
- Do veterinarians talk to animals?
- My plans for a date with Colin Farrell
Funny Entertaining Speech Topics
Mostly delivered at occasions and events, in this type of speech, the speaker is usually sharing a story or an anecdote as an entertaining topic. The speaker invites the audience to enjoy and identify with the story or just laugh along. Try an entertainment speech example from below:
- Can we a separate TikTok for dumbs
- Why do superheroes wear their underwear’s above their costumes
- That friend who should really change his/her gender
- How to ride in a bus like its business class of an airplane?
- A childhood incident that my mom loves to retell
- Bumping into my crush at an undergarments section
- Why my friends are not photogenic like me
- Dishwasher or vacuum cleaner – which one I will destroy first
- Reasons to replace exams with cash rewards
- How to make an idiot comfortable?
- Telling a scary story to a storyteller
- Five times I embarrassed my parents in front of guests
- Slow drivers putting road safety laws at jeopardy
- People I want to be banned on YouTube
- Who would I want to accompany to Bermuda Triangle
- Things I will take on my private island
- Moments of truth at Subway restaurant
- Is it normal to talk while brushing your tooth?
- Why do I wish I grew up with different parents?
- A passive day without coming across an idiot
- Identifying a moron behind a mask
- When I started to feel the earth rotating
- Similarities in beaches and train stations
- What if I had a loudspeaker fitted in my head
- Nicknames that make no sense
- Weird pick up lines which work
- Does cleaning really causes pollution
- Walls with ears and roofs with eyes
- Does smoking weed make one vegetarian?
- Why do brides smile so much?
- A chicken crossing the road during lockdowns
Demonstrative Entertainment Speech Topics
In this type of entertaining speech, the speaker tries to teach something. It is a light way of giving a different perspective demonstration of an old process, habit, or custom. Here are some more entertainment speech examples:
- How to pick your nose like a pro
- Software Microsoft should develop to replace teachers
- My idea of driving around with real Lara Croft
- Worst prank ideas I have seen
- Working as an employee under your ex as the line manager
- Throwing a party without my friends
- I plan to develop an app to charge people for their nonsense
- Challenges of setting up an Instagram account for my grandfather
- How best to fail on the first date?
- Five moments I won an argument from my mom
- How can one become a critic?
- Useless items that I have saved over the years
- Spending Halloween with a Zombie
- Valentine’s day rituals for a novice
- Things I want to change at the cinemas
- What if bodybuilding was for girls and makeup for boys
- School principal Vs. box of firecrackers
- Story of the dullest party I attended
- Signs of bad luck at college
- Escaping a hurricane using science lessons
Impromptu Entertaining Speech Topics
Impromptu speeches involve public speaking without any sort of preparation. The speaker is generally given their topic in the form of a quote, verb, object, or word.
- Poverty is a way of thinking.
- Do violent video games lead to violent people?
- How does one describe an average person?
- Is art necessary for the future of the human race?
- Reading fiction is a waste of time.
- Social customs are unnecessary.
- Parents are the most influential people in our lives.
- Is it better to have influence than wealth?
- Do uniforms remove individuality?
- My biggest worry for the future is…
- Is non-biased news impossible to achieve?
- The Roman Empire was the greatest civilization to exist.
Entertaining Touching Speech Topics
Touching speeches are intended to register with the emotions of the audience it is being presented to. In most cases, the speech is prepared and presented with some sort of story that is relevant to the topic to add more emphasis. By appealing to the emotions of the audience, the speech has a greater chance of being remembered and resonating with the audience members.
- Looks aren’t everything, the heart and mind are just are more important.
- Friends are important, but our family and future take priority.
- Our parents are there to protect and care for us, not our personal banks.
- We all have one life, let’s live it as best as we can.
- Fortune favors the bold.
- Greatness comes from small beginnings.
- The future lies in our hands.
- We are the architects of our lives.
- Success is not luck, it’s a mindset.
- Some of us are so lucky to be given a second chance at life.
- Our external world does not need to influence our internal.
- Willpower is the most powerful force in the universe.
Entertainment Topics for Presentation
The key to a good presentation is to engage with the audience. The presentation needs to be informative, persuasive, and engage the audience. This sort of engagement can be from anything like curiosity to humor. The goal is to have the audience focused and thinking about your presentation’s topic instead of drifting away in thought.
- The most terrible joke I was told.
- The first time I got caught.
- How I was given my nickname.
- The worst date I’ve been on.
- Deep-fried ice cream and dieting.
- How to effectively embarrass your kids.
- The funniest thing I’ve ever heard.
- How to get your 5-year-old to go to sleep in 200 easy steps.
- My worst deal-breakers.
- Pineapple does not belong on a pizza.
- The best way to fail a driver’s test.
- My cat considers me to be its employee.
Entertainment Speech Topics for College Students
These topics will resonate a lot with college students. By ensuring that your topics relate to the everyday experiences of college students, you can guarantee your audience will be captivated.
- Setting goals is important.
- Why international exchange programs should be considered.
- Professors should never be allowed to crush students’ dreams.
- We shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Students need to make dorm checklists.
- College students do want their parents to worry.
- Study now and party later.
- Getting a job on campus may just be what you need.
- Changing your major isn’t a big deal.
- Flip-flops are a need for college students.
- Getting caught doing something illegal can hurt your college record.
- College demands your maximum effort.
Entertainment Speech Ideas for High School
Making a speech relating to high school isn’t necessarily tough. It’s a significant experience in everyone’s lives and many can relate to the topics and ideas that come from it.
- How teaching quality should improve.
- Students need to take a break to do other things than study.
- Rewriting notes is a great way of going over the study material.
- It isn’t embarrassing to see a tutor if you are struggling.
- Procrastination is a problem.
- High levels of pressure can lead to negative problems.
- Libraries are a great place to study.
- Going to career fairs is a great idea.
- Shy students should go to public speaking classes.
- Free tutoring is beneficial.
- Be careful of who you borrow things from.
- Keeping a journal is a great idea.
Entertaining Speeches: Examples
An entertaining speech is guaranteed to grab the attention of your audience and register with their emotions on some level. Here are some great examples to use for future speeches.
- Skinny jeans were not meant for guys.
- My bag was stolen by a monkey.
- Did the egg or chicken come first?
- Guys gossip more than girls.
- The worst pickup line I’ve ever heard.
- My horoscope has it out for me.
- How to be the best liar.
- It turns out, I should’ve taken those naps when I was a kid.
- I’ll do it tomorrow.
- It’s not easy always being the center of attention.
- Weekend plans now mean staying at home and binge-watching Netflix.
You can use these entertainment speech ideas to deliver a splendid speech to entertain. We hope these served as professional writing help in the form of entertainment speech topics for college students.