Did you just realize you need to work a bit more on your thesis and write something called a “thesis discussion” chapter? We know most students don’t know what this is or why it is important. After all, you are not an expert academic writer. This is probably the first time you’re writing a thesis. To avoid being penalized and make sure you understand what the thesis discussion chapter is, we have put together this blog post.
We will explain what this chapter is and why it is useful. We will also show you a step by step guide on how to write the best possible masters thesis discussion section. And if you need an example or some help with this section, don’t skip the end of the article.
What Is a Thesis Discussion Chapter?
Let’s start from the beginning. What is the master’s or PhD thesis discussion chapter? This section is often one of the most difficult to write. It’s not because it should be too long, but because you need to present your findings in great detail and support your arguments with accurate scientific data.
In other words, the discussion section of a thesis should be like a very detailed presentation of your findings; a presentation that both explains and interprets the results of your research.
In many cases, you need to put your findings in context, taking into consideration previous research. You could also make some suggestions related to future research. Yes, this sounds like a very complicated thing to do. However, it’s not that difficult to write a results and discussion in thesis.
Why Is the Discussion Chapter of a Thesis Important?
A discussion in thesis writing is the section that comes after the Results section. There is a reason why it’s placed there. While you may be able to discuss your findings in the Results section in some cases, most often you have to discuss them in a completely separate section. Also, some universities require you to place your recommendations in a separate section, so be sure to check the guidelines of your school.
If you want to know why the discussion chapter in thesis is so important (and so difficult to write), here are some of the most important benefits of writing this section perfectly:
- You show the thesis committee that you’ve understood the results of your study or experiments. Of course, this means you didn’t simply copy the paper, or parts of the paper, from somewhere.
- The discussion section clearly explains what your findings mean, how you got them, and how well they are supported by scientific evidence. By explaining your findings, even a person with no previous industry experience can understand what the results mean and why they are important.
- Academics may not trust your data or your results. The discussion in a thesis shows everyone how the data was collected. Also, this section is used to shed more light on your findings and show your readers how your research fills the knowledge gap.
However, we are certain you want to know the most important reason why you should dedicate ample time to writing this section. Well, the main reason is the grade you get on your work. As we’ve said previously, the discussion chapter is very important. Be careful when writing discussion for thesis because you can lose valuable points if you don’t do a great job.
Learn How to Write a Discussion Chapter in a Thesis
We know that you want to learn how to write a discussion chapter in a thesis; and that you want to learn how to write this section as fast as possible. Because writing the discussion section is such a difficult task, you should dedicate a lot of time to it. And remember, if you need help with the discussion chapter, you can always count on our seasoned academic writers for some professional help. Let’s show you how to write a thesis discussion in just a couple of steps:
- The first thing you need to do is summarize the key findings. For this, you need to read your Results section carefully and write down the most important data.
- Use the findings you’ve identified in step 1 to write a phrase or two that present the results and that clearly answer the research question of your thesis. You can start the discussion chapter of a thesis with something like “The data obtained clearly suggests that … [answer to research question]”.
- Write several paragraphs, each discussing and interpreting one single finding. You can identify correlations, put your findings in context, discuss previous research, discuss alternative explanations, and even talk about how your findings support or refute your hypotheses.
- The next paragraph of the discussion in thesis should discuss the implications of your findings and nothing else. What are the practical applications of your findings? Do your findings meet your expectations? Do they support your hypotheses? How are the results of your study different from other studies?
- If you know of some limitations, you need to discuss them as well. Use a new paragraph for this. What are the limitations of your research methods? Were there any obstacles you couldn’t overcome? Don’t talk about errors, just about limitations.
- The final paragraph, which acts as a conclusion, is used to present your recommendations. You can suggest that further research is needed or show your readers how your findings can be implemented in real life. If you recommend future research, be very specific. What exactly needs to be researched further so that the gap in knowledge is filled entirely?
Getting a Great Results and Discussion Thesis Example
If you were wondering what to discuss in discussion thesis, the steps above already provide all the information you need. We are also very confident the quick guide above managed to show you how to write discussion section of thesis. All that is left now is to show you how you can get maximum points on your thesis discussion section. Don’t worry, you don’t have to rewrite it or send it to use for editing.
You just need a great results and discussion thesis example. Yes, this should be everything you need to get the maximum points. Why? Because an example shows you exactly how to properly structure your writing. It shows you how each paragraph should look like and what it should contain. You probably already know that following a great example is much easier than trying to do something all by yourself.
Unfortunately, it’s not enough to know how to write discussion thesis. You need a great example. We know the first thing you will try to do is go online and search for this on Google. You will get plenty of results, of course. However, please note that most of these “samples” are very poorly written. Most of them are plagiarized and over 90% are written in a way that your professor would strongly disapprove. And of course, you are unable to use any of the text because that would constitute plagiarism.
We Can Help You Today
Now that we’ve shown you how to write discussion chapter in PhD thesis, we are happy to give you some more good news. You can get a 100% original results and discussion sample thesis from our expert academic writers. Yes, our thesis writers will write the discussion section for you as quickly as possible. All we need is some information about the methods you’ve used and the results of your research.
You can use our perfectly written (and proofread) sample to get some great ideas, or you can include it in your own thesis. After all, you are free to use the sample as you see fit. What we can guarantee is that you will get very good points on your thesis discussion chapter.