So, you just found out that you need to write a thesis summary. In most cases, students who encounter this requirement for the first time start to panic. Frankly, not everyone knows what this thesis summary is. And let’s not forget that most students have no clue how to write one. Don’t worry about it too much though.
We are here to help you not only understand what the summary is and why it is useful, but also to show you how to write a summary (also known as an abstract) in less than one hour. You will also get some interesting tips on how to make the executive summary for thesis better, as well as a great hint about samples. Read on!
What Is a Thesis Summary?
Many people use the term “summary thesis” to refer to the abstract of the paper. But what is it? As you’ve probable already guessed, it is like an abstract of your thesis or dissertation. It doesn’t have to include too much information because the main purpose of a summary is to show your readers an overview of the most important ideas, methods and findings in your paper. Here is what your summary of a thesis must contain:
- A bit of background information about the topic or thesis. What is your paper all about?
- What is the purpose of your research and analysis? What do you aim to achieve with your research paper?
- A bit of information about each of the research methods you have used to gather the data. In some cases, simply listing the methods would be enough.
- List the results of your research and the thesis conclusions. It’s not necessary to include too much information in your summary of thesis research. Remember that this is basically an abstract.
- If you have some important recommendations, you could include them at the end of the summary. Again, it’s not necessary to provide more information.
It may sound counterintuitive, but the summary of thesis should be as short and concise as possible, while still providing enough information for a reader to understand what your paper is all about. Now let’s see why the summary is important.
Why Is the Summary of a Thesis so Important?
Before we get to learning how to write summary of PhD thesis, you need to understand the importance of the summary. Bear with us for a minute. Here are some of the most important benefits of writing an excellent abstract for your master or PhD thesis:
- When working on their projects, most academics don’t have the time to read dozens of theses. It can be very difficult for them to find the information they need. The summary helps these people save a lot of time. They know what your paper is about and whether they should read it or not from the start.
- The master thesis summary is part of the grading process. The thesis committee will pay close attention to how you write the abstract. Why lose valuable points here when you can learn how to write this abstract correctly in just 15 minutes?
- Many indexing services index and organize research papers according to their respective abstracts. Without a summary, these services wouldn’t be able to put your paper in the correct category. Also, the summary helps other people find your thesis much faster.
- Knowing how to write a great summary for a thesis will help you immensely if you plan of writing a PhD thesis. Of course, you will need to analyze at least one exceptional summary thesis sample to see how yours should be structured and written.
Learn How to Write Summary of Thesis With Our Guide
Now that you know what a summary is and why it is so useful, it’s time to talk about more important things. We know you are very interested in learning how to write summary of thesis. And we are also well aware that you want to be able to write the summary as fast as possible. After all, you may not have much time at your disposal, especially if you need to submit the paper in a day or two. So, without further ado, here is our quick guide to writing a thesis abstract quickly and effectively:
- Before you try to write the summary conclusion and recommendation in thesis, you need to know what is written in your paper. Perhaps you’ve received your thesis from a thesis writing service like ours, who knows? Read the paper from start to finish and write down the main ideas: the thesis of the paper, the research methods, the most important findings, and the main conclusions.
- Start the summary by writing a phrase or two as an introduction. Providing some background information and clearly stating the thesis is an excellent idea for this intro.
- Explain the purpose of your research in a couple of phrases. Even if you don’t know how to write summary and conclusion in thesis, it shouldn’t be too difficult. Just answer this simple question: “Why did you do the research and wrote this paper?”
- Use the next paragraph to list the research methods you’ve employed. Of course, you can provide a little bit of relevant information about each one of them to make things clearer.
- In another paragraph, list the main results of your hard work (research). A bit of information about each one should suffice. Of course, you can also list the most important conclusions here as well.
- You can include some recommendations at the end, as a conclusion. Keep in mind that you need to keep the summary of findings in thesis short and concise.
Looking for a Great Thesis Summary Example?
Writing a summary and conclusion thesis experts would be proud of is not as difficult as you thought. However, there is still one more thing you could do that will greatly impact your ability to write a perfect summary. Have you ever executive summary for thesis sample? Probably not.
However, getting a great example can be immensely useful. You have the chance to see how an abstract should look like and get a glimpse of what it should include. Let’s not mention the fact that you can use the ideas in the summary thesis example in your own writing – but only if the abstract is 100% original and has been written for you.
The bad news is that finding such a thesis summary sample can be very difficult. The good news is that we can help you with this. Our exceptional thesis writers can compose an abstract for your paper in no time, even in the middle of the night if necessary. Just send us your paper and get the abstract – it’s that simple!
Tips for Your Master Thesis Summary
Now that you know how to write a summary thesis, let’s give you a few tips and some very useful advice that will significantly improve the outcome of your project. First, start writing the summary as soon as you finish writing the thesis. Don’t postpone this part of the project because you may run into trouble and not finish on time. Second, remember that the abstract should reflect the structure of your thesis. And third, don’t make the summary too long. It should be between 200 and 250 words.
In conclusion, writing a thesis statement summary is not difficult, but it can be tricky at times. Because your abstract will be graded, you need to do an exceptional job. In case you need a great thesis summary example written just for you, or if you need any kind of help writing the master’s or PhD thesis, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our seasoned thesis writers. We’ll help you get a top grade, guaranteed.