Primarily, STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. It’s a study program that weaves all four disciplines for cross-disciplinary knowledge to solve scientific problems. STEM touches across a broad array of subjects as STEM students are required to gain mastery of four disciplines.
As a project-based discipline, STEM has different stages of learning. The program operates like other disciplines, and as such, STEM students embrace knowledge depending on their level. Since it’s a discipline centered around innovation, students undertake projects regularly.
As a STEM student, your project could either be to build or write on a subject. Your first plan of action is choosing a topic if it’s written. After selecting a topic, you’ll need to determine how long a thesis statement should be.
Given that topic is essential to writing any project, this article focuses on research topics for STEM students. So, if you’re writing a STEM research paper or write my research paper, below are some of the best research topics for STEM students.
List of Research Topics For STEM Students
Several research topics can be formulated in this field. They cut across STEM science, engineering, technology, and math. Here is a list of good research topics for STEM students.
- The effectiveness of online learning over physical learning
- The rise of metabolic diseases and their relationship to increased consumption
- How immunotherapy can improve prognosis in Covid-19 progression
Quantitative Research Topics For STEM Students
For your quantitative research in STEM, you’ll need to learn how to cite a thesis MLA for the topic you’re choosing. Below are some of the best quantitative research topics for STEM students.
- A study of the effect of digital technology on millennials
- A futuristic study of a world ruled by robotics
- A critical evaluation of the future demand in artificial intelligence
Qualitative Research Topics For STEM Students
There are several practical research topics for STEM students. However, if you’re looking for qualitative research topics for STEM students, here are topics to explore.
- An exploration into how microbial factories result in the cause shortage in raw metals
- An experimental study on the possibility of older-aged men passing genetic abnormalities to children
- A critical evaluation of how genetics could be used to help humans live healthier and longer.
What Are the Best Experimental Research Topics For STEM Students?
Experimental research in STEM is a scientific research methodology that uses two sets of variables. They are dependent and independent variables that are studied under experimental research. Experimental research topics in STEM look into areas of science that use data to derive results.
Below are easy experimental research topics for STEM students.
- A study of nuclear fusion and fission
- An evaluation of the major drawbacks of Biotechnology in the pharmaceutical industry
- A study of single-cell organisms and how they’re capable of becoming an intermediary host for diseases causing bacteria
Non-Experimental Research Topics For STEM Students
Unlike experimental research, non-experimental research lacks the interference of an independent variable. Non-experimental research instead measures variables as they naturally occur. Below are some non-experimental quantitative research topics for STEM students.
- Impacts of alcohol addiction on the psychological life of humans
- The popularity of depression and schizophrenia amongst the pediatric population
- The impact of breastfeeding on the child’s health and development
Capstone Research Topics For STEM Students
STEM learning and knowledge grow in stages. The older students get, the more stringent requirements are for their STEM research topic. There are several capstone topics for research for STEM students.
Below are some simple quantitative research topics for stem students.
- How population impacts energy-saving strategies
- The application of an Excel table processor capabilities for cost calculation
- A study of the essence of science as a sphere of human activity
Correlational Research Topics For STEM Students
Correlations research is research where the researcher measures two continuous variables. This is done with little or no attempt to control extraneous variables but to assess the relationship. Here are some sample research topics for STEM students to look into bearing in mind how to cite a thesis APA style for your project.
- Can pancreatic gland transplantation cure diabetes?
- A study of improved living conditions and obesity
- An evaluation of the digital currency as a valid form of payment and its impact on banking and economy
Scientific Research Topics For STEM Students
There are several science research topics for STEM students. Below are some possible quantitative research topics for STEM students.
- A study of protease inhibitor and how it operates
- A study of how men’s exercise impacts DNA traits passed to children
- A study of the future of commercial space flight
Simple Research Topics For STEM Students
If you’re looking for a simple research topic, below are easy research topics for STEM students.
- How can the problem of Space junk be solved?
- Can meteorites change our view of the universe?
- Can private space flight companies change the future of space exploration?
Top 10 Research Topics For STEM Students
For your top 10 research topics for STEM students, here are interesting topics for STEM students to consider.
- A comparative study of social media addiction and adverse depression
- The human effect of the illegal use of formalin in milk and food preservation
- An evaluation of the human impact on the biosphere and its results
- A study of how fungus affects plant growth
- A comparative study of antiviral drugs and vaccine
- A study of the ways technology has improved medicine and life science
- The effectiveness of Vitamin D among older adults for disease prevention
- What is the possibility of life on other planets?
- Effects of Hubble Space Telescope on the universe
- A study of important trends in medicinal chemistry research
Experimental Research Topics For STEM Students About Plants
Below are possible research topics for STEM students about plants:
- How do magnetic fields impact plant growth?
- Do the different colors of light impact the rate of photosynthesis?
- How can fertilizer extend plant life during a drought?
Research Topics For Grade 11 STEM Students
Below are some examples of quantitative research topics for STEM students in grade 11.
- A study of how plants conduct electricity
- How does water salinity affect plant growth?
- A study of soil pH levels on plants
Research Topics For Grade 12 STEM Students
Here are some of the best qualitative research topics for STEM students in grade 12.
- An evaluation of artificial gravity and how it impacts seed germination
- An exploration of the steps taken to develop the Covid-19 vaccine
- Personalized medicine and the wave of the future
Quantitative Research Topics For STEM High School Students
Here are topics to consider for your STEM-related research topics for high school students.
- A study of stem cell treatment
- How can molecular biological research of rare genetic disorders help understand cancer?
- How Covid-19 affects people with digestive problems
Survey Research Topics For STEM Students
Below are some survey topics for qualitative research for stem students.
- How does Covid-19 impact immune-compromised people?
- Soil temperature and how it affects root growth
- Burned soil and how it affects seed germination
Interesting and Informative Research Topics For Senior High School STEM Students
Here are some descriptive research topics for STEM students in senior high.
- The scientific information concept and its role in conducting scientific research
- The role of mathematical statistics in scientific research
- A study of the natural resources contained in oceans
Final Words About Research Topics For STEM Students
STEM topics cover areas in various scientific fields, mathematics, engineering, and technology. While it can be tasking, reducing the task starts with choosing a favorable topic. If you require external assistance in writing your STEM research, you can seek professional help from our experts.